Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Architectural sketching techniques

I like the quality of the lines in this sketch, drawn by a firm called TaStudio. I can tell they aren't done with a ruler because they are spaced unevenly and not all mechanically straight. But I like the way it all looks together.
This picture, drawn by Nadir Kianersi, has a cartoon quality that I really enjoy. The lines are very clean and slightly curved where they should be straight.

This is a gesture of Cinderella's castle in Disney World, done by Alina Chau . It looks very cool from afar and when I look at it closely, I can tell that it is really easy to do. the lines don't all connect, but my mind puts in what is supposed to be there.


1 comment:

Usuf Ali said...

i am 25 and an interior designer

I finally reaslized havin a strong free hand sketching is very imp..and i am plannin or infact gonna start learnin asap and hope i get to do something your blog has ! its gonna really help me boost up ma career as an interior designer