Thursday, December 6, 2007

Pretty Products

Before looking up different products, I had no idea there was such a variety of them. People get so creative with their designs. These were very fun to research.
These two tables were designed by Michael Young. He drew inspiration from chinese paper folding to make the bases of them. This is a very simple overall form, yet i would have never thought to make a cone-like shape the bottom of a table. I enjoy that Young made these after being inspired by something else. It makes me remember to always be observant of my surroundings because I never know when I am going to see something that will be great to integrate into a design.

The three stools above were designed by a woman named Zaha Hadid. I enjoy the way they fit together like a puzzle. It adds a nice interactive element as well as being functional. I can't imagine how comfortable they are to sit in, though. They look kind of cold. Maybe a more inviting color or material would make them look more inviting.
When I first saw this, I didn't think "chair." I did not really know what to think. Then, of course, after looking at it closer, I saw that it was, in fact, a chair. The design threw me off considerably well. It was designed by Felice Rossi in Italy. It was made to mimic the form of the body. It swoops up to provide a side table--most likely for some technological bee-bop.


This couch is also designed by Italian designer, Felice Rossi. It looks like a piece of foam, thrown over a metal frame. When I look at the waving line on the top of it, I think of movement. While it looks cool, it doesn't look very comfortable. Perhaps Rossi prioritizes design over functionality. I'm sure that is also how many more designers design things.



How cool is this?? I could not pass this up when sufing the web. I enjoy the thought of making odd things into something completely new. It's a nice idea.




This lamp, which was made by JTH lighting company, has a nice quality to it. The organic curve of the shaft give a feeling of movement to the lights. I'm finding that I really enjoy curving lines in product design.





The name of this coffee table is the "Alien Table," designed by Y. Shito. It has a futuristic feel to it with the round top and shiny metal. I enjoy how the base is solid and swoops up and out to the flat top. The light shining down from the ceiling complements the table because it is also round and metal.


The "Princess Light," designed by Christophe Pillett, reminds me of a floating orb. This is something I would like to have in my room. It definitely has a feminine quality to it, with the engraved flowers on the side of it.

This light by the Birch and Willow is not my favorite. It looks like it was made to look like an overgrown nest. I do not find it aesthetically pleasing, yet I am sure the shadows it casts are pretty interesting.





Finally, my favorite product of this small bunch. This is called the "Ether" by a company called Eurofase. It is a chandelier AND a centerpiece for a dinner table. It is made of dangling blown glass balls with lights shining on them, reflecting the light around the room. I love water and this design strongly represents bubbles. I very much enjoy glass, so once I found Eurofase's website, I was in heaven. They have many different glass products. I encourage everyone to take a look. www.eurofase.com

No comments: