Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fun with Shading!!

Have I mentioned that I love shading?? Because...I love shading..
I spent about ten minutes trying to put together complicated still-lifes in order to draw them....finally I got frustrated and settled for one of my metal push-pins. I am satisfied with the outcome. I like how the bottom pin turned out.
With this exercise, we were to to use only two values to differentiate between the shaded areas on our still-lifes.

Th second part of the exercise allowed us to use more than only two values in order to develop a more complete composition.
I actually like the background a lot better than the foreground. I forgot to put more detail in the closer bench. Note to self: The closer things are, the more details they have.

These two objects (the pumpkin lamp and fabric) have two very different textures: bumpy and smooth. I tried, as best as I could, to show these different textures.
This is my favorite picture. I really like doing the white-on-black shading. It really makes the drawer pay attention to where the light is hitting on the object being drawn (in this case, rose petals.)

No comments: