Monday, November 26, 2007

Time Capsule Zine










This has been a long, but worthwhile process. One thing that I forgot to explain in the zine was the reason why I chose to do an archway as a time capsule. One can only assume that it has a symbolic meaning, and that assumption is true. I call the archway "Gateway to Gatewood." I would like for it to be placed on the walkway coming from the parking lot and up to the building. It symbolizes the students' transition period into the crazy and rewarding world of interior architecture. In this world, everyone must be as crazily creative as possible and rules (well, some rules) seem to be made only to be broken. It seems so different from other majors, so I thought that there should be more of an emphasis put upon entering the building. The archway is made out of metal. There will be lots of metal wire intertwined all around the arch to create a, if you will, metal "vine." Every student in the first year department will bring a piece of wire. The size, color, and thickness is completely to their preference. This represents the collaboration of many unique beings. Altogether, I think this is a pretty decent idea. I'm really excited to work with metal and wire.

No comments: