Monday, November 19, 2007

I Think I Need New Pencils...Mine are now 3 inches long

This is my friend Melia, who volunteered to sit on a table and have people draw her. I think I did pretty well with the proportions. I still have trouble with weight distribution, though. She doesn't really look like she is putting any weight on that back arm, which is drawn funny. Maybe one day I will look back on this one and laugh....just not today.
The next model was Molly. I am a lot happier with the way this one turned out. It actually looks a little like her, which is a big accomplishment on my part. I think I did better on the shading than Melia's. Its amazes me at how the slightest difference in pressure you put on the pencil changes the demension of what you're drawing.
I thought this one was going to be easy....2 pencils and a half an eraser later, I realized different. This really made me separate myself from what I saw and what I knew to be there. I knew the wall was white in the picture. But when looking at it and all of the shadow on it, only a small portion of it was actually white. It was hard to gradate towards that, while still keeping the wall looking smooth and wall-like. I still think I could have done a better job...but who doesn't think that?




No comments: